Ammonium persulfate is a white, crystalline, odorless salt. It is used as initiator for the polymerization of monomers and as a strong oxidizing agent in many applications. It has the particular advantage of being almost non-hygroscopic, of having a particularly good storage stability as a result of its extremely high purity and of being easy and safe to handle.
|Appearance||white crystalline salt|
|Assay||98.5% w/w min|
|Active oxygen||6.9% w/w min|
|Residue on ignition(as SO4)||0.02% w/w max|
|Chloride and chlorate(as CL)||0.001% w/w max|
|Manganese(Mn)||0.00005% w/w max|
|Iron(Fe)||0.0005% w/w max|
|Heavy metals(as Pb)||0.0005% w/w max|
|Moisture||0.10% w/w max|
|Decomposition of the product as supplied||at above 60° C|
|Recommended storage temperature||Normal Temperature|
|Storage stability as from date of delivery||12 months|
APS is a suitable initiator for the emulsion or solution polymerisation of acrylic monomers, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride etc. and for the emulsion copolymerisation of styrene, acrylonitrile, butadiene etc.. APS is also a kind of oxidizing agent:
(1) Used in cleaning and pickling of metal surfaces.
(2) Used in accelerated curing of low formaldehyde adhesives.
(3) Used in modification of starch, production of binders and coating materials.
(4) Desizing agent and bleach activator.
(5) An essential component of bleaching formulations for hair cosmetics.
(1) 25kg net PE bag with one PE liner
(2) 25kg net weight PE bag
(3) 25kg net weight big woven bag with two PE liners
(4) 25kg net weight fiber drum with one PE liner
(5) 1000kg net weight big woven bag with one PE liner