PPS (Potassium Persulphate)
Molecular formular: K 2S2O8
Potassium persulfate is a white, crystalline, odourless salt. It is used as initiator for the polymerisation of monomers and as a strong oxidizing agent in many application. It has the particular advantage of being almost non-hygroscopic, of having a particularly good storage stability as a result of its extremely high purity and of being easy and safe to handle.
|Active oxygen||5.85% w/w min|
|Chloride and chlorate(as Cl)||0.02% w/w max|
|Manganese(Mn)||0.0003% w/w max|
|Iron(Fe)||0.001% w/w max|
|Heavy metals(as Pb)||0.002% w/w max|
|Moisture||0.15% w/w max|
PPS is a suitable initiaor for the emulsion or solution polymerisation of acrylic monomers, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride etc. and for the emulsion copolymerisation of styrene, acrylonitrile, butadiene etc.. PPS is also a kind of oxidizing agent:
(1) Used in cleaning and pickling of metal surfaces.
(2) Used in accelerated curing of low formaldehyde adhesives.
(3) Used in modification of starch, production of binders and coating materials.
(4) Desizing agent and bleach activator.
(5) An essential component of bleaching formulations for hair cosmetics.
(1) 25kg net PE bag with one PE liner
(2) 25kg net weight PE bag
(3) 25kg net weight big woven bag with two PE liners
(4) 25kg net weight fiber drum with one PE liner
(5) 1000kg net weight big woven bag with one PE liner