Molecular formular: Na2S2O8
Molecular weight: 238.13
Sodium persulfate is a white, crystalline, odourless salt. It is used as initiator for the polymerisation of monomers and as a strong oxidizing agent in many application. It has the particular advantage of being almost non-hygroscopic, of having a particularly good storage stability as a result of its extremely high purity and of being easy and safe to handle.
Storage: Sodium persulfate is not combustible, but assists combustion of combustible materials due to release of oxygen. It must be stored in a dry location away from heat and a cool, well ventilated area away from all sources of ignition and out of direct sunlight, protected from moisture. Keep containers tightly closed, labeled and well sealed. Ensure pressure relief and adequate ventilation. It must be stored separately from organics, rust or traces of metal, reductions and others incompatible materials to avoid catalytic decomposition.
|Assay||99.0% w/w min|
|Active oxygen||6.65% w/w min|
|Chloride and chlorate(as Cl)||0.005% w/w max|
|Ammonia(NH 4 )||0.05% w/w max|
|Iron(Fe)||0.001% w/w max|
|Heavy metals(as Pb)||0.001% w/w max|
|Moisture||0.05% w/w max|
SPS is a suitable initiaor for the emulsion or solution polymerisation of acrylic monomers, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride etc. and for the emulsion copolymerisation of styrene, acrylonitrile, butadiene etc.. SPS is also a kind of oxidizing agent:
(1) Used in cleaning and pickling of metal surfaces.
(2) Used in accelerated curing of low formaldehyde adhesives.
(3) Used in modification of starch, production of binders and coating materials.
(4) Desizing agent and bleach activator.
(5) An essential component of bleaching formulations for hair cosmetics.
(1) 25kg net weight PE bag with one PE liner
(2) 25kg net weight PE bag
(3) 25kg net weight big woven bag with two PE liners
(4) 25kg net weight fiber drum with one PE liner
(5) 1000kg net weight big woven bag with one PE liner